Gender equality is a fundamental human right. Social justice requires that everyone regardless of their age, race, class, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender have equal rights and opportunities in society in general, including economic resources and decision-making.
We at Pixel Company – Geographic Innovations Studio, are committed to promoting gender equality at work and home. We recognize that achieving gender equality at the workplace is essential for advancing the company’s mission and impacting our bottom line. By providing equal opportunities for both men and women we can ensure success and efficiency while also building a more diverse workforce.
Our mission is to create a gender-inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably, and are free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We believe that by creating a more inclusive environment and various resouces, by which all genders can thrive, we can more effectively achieve our business goals.
The plan focuses on the development of sexes and genders, including but not limited to the following:
- Sex or gender disaggregated data on personnel, trainees, students
- Annual reporting based on indicators, covering all trainings provided, communication with stakeholders and events organised
- Organisation of annual awareness trainings on gender equality and unconscious gender biases for staff and decision-makers
Gender equality is a topic that is near and dear to our hearts. We believe that people are happiest when they feel like they have a healthy work-life balance, and we know that a positive organizational culture is key to achieving that balance.
Pixel Company is committed to achieving gender balance in leadership and decision-making. The company has been reviewing the composition of its leadership team and will work to mitigate existing gender balance.
We believe that the best way to get the best employees is through a fair and open application process. To this end, we have implemented procedures to screen all applications for the names of applicants that could be associated with any gender, then remove them from applications so they can be evaluated on their merits alone.
We also know that gender equality doesn’t stop with recruitment—it carries throughout an employee’s entire career. Because of this, we have developed a range of policies to keep our company on track towards realizing our goals in terms of gender equality and diversity in general, including:
– A policy of equal pay for equal work among employees performing at or above par
– Transparency around promotions policies
– The establishment of mentorship programs aimed at helping women and other underrepresented groups advance their careers within the company
One of the crucial aspects of gender equality work is the integration of the gender dimension into research and/or teaching content. This means that we make sure our research or teaching does not reinforce gender stereotypes or biases, but rather seeks to make male and female experiences equally visible.
Measures against gender-based violence including sexual harassment
1. For each confirmed case, we will notify the victim about the measures taken to prevent a recurrence of such problems.
2. We will help make sure that victims do not suffer from retaliation from other employees or customers as a result of reporting acts of violence, including sexual harassment.
3. We will help make sure that victims do not suffer from retaliation from other employees or customers as a result of reporting acts of violence, including sexual harassment.
Policy issued and signed by: Eugenia Sarafova, Owner
Effective from: 01.01.2022
Please note that the GEP is a flexible tool and can be updated at any time.